Continuing my obsession with coffee sleeves, I found this pattern on Ravelry (link: Open Heart Pocket Hot or Cold Drink Sleeve) and tested it out.
- Yarn, two colors - I used acrylic yarns, with the red yarn thicker than the cream one
- Hook - I used a 5 and a 5.5mm hook
- Tapestry needle
- Use a smaller hook and yarn for the heart pocket, unless you want the pocket to be big.
- The pocket I made has a tendency to spill its contents, so be careful when sewing on the heart applique.
- Be creative, try other appliques as a pocket.
I won't go into the specifics of the pattern since I didn't deviate from it while I was working on my sleeve. Follow the link at the top of the post for the pattern.