Monday, December 14, 2015

Scarf for the Little Boy

My one year old son likes to put strings on his neck, I think he's trying to mimic his older brother when he has his school ID on. So I decided to make him a scarf. I can't post a picture of him wearing it though, he refuses to keep still when he's "wearing" the scarf.

Simple crocheted scarf for boys (or men).

The pattern is really simple.

Materials:

  1. Yarn (2 colors) - I used a mercerized cotton yarn
  2. Hook - I used a 4.5 mm crochet hook because I want my stitches bigger
Stitch used: half-double crochet

Yarn embellishments: fringe knots

Row 1 - Using color A, make a base chain row. I made at least 200 chains. Adjust your count depending on what type of yarn you will use and how long you want the scarf. Just remember to add 2 ch at the end. Turn.

Row 2 - On the third chain from the hook, make an hdc. Continue hdc on each ch until the end. Turn.

Row 3 - Ch 2. Hdc until the end. Turn.

Rows 4-6 - Repeat row 3. If you want a wider color A, make more rows.

Rows 7-8 - Repeat row 3, but using color B. Again, if you want it wider, just make more rows.

Rows 9-10 - Repeat row 3 using color A.

Rows 11-12 - Repeat row 3 using color B.

Rows 13-17 - Repeat row 3 using color A. Fasten off.

Add fridge knots of the same yarn color at the end each row.

Voila, you have a scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment