Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Chewy Chocolate Cream Cheese Cookies



Hi there! Today is my birthday! I made these oh-so-yummy chewy cookies yesterday just so I can enjoy munching on it today. This is a shortcut-recipe using a brownie mix. Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownie Mix, to be exact, but you can use any brownie mix out there.

I got the recipe from The Ultimate Shortcut Cookie Book, but I made a slight change. In the recipe, it uses half a pack of cream cheese. I used the whole pack. By accident, to be honest. I wasn't paying attention to the recipe. Insert awkward laugh here.

Ingredients:

  • brownie mix, 1 pouch/pack
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 pack (8oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 egg
Baking materials:
  • wooden spoon
  • cookie sheets
  • mixing bowl
  • wire rack
  • oven, duh
Baking instructions:
  1. Preheat oven. I have a small electric oven, I have it set up at 250C (or was it 200C?)
  2. Mix all ingredients in the mixing bowl with a wooden spoon until well blended. The dough will sticky.
  3. Drop dough onto cookie sheets, with at least half an inch space between them. The recipe book says 2 inches apart, but I have a smaller oven, and I wanted to make at least 6 cookies in a batch. Anyway, they didn't stick to each other, so I'm sticking with my half-inch space.
  4. Bake for 8 minutes. Adjust your time as needed. It will not bounce back immediately when you press the cookie, but it shouldn't be hard as well. Remember, these are chewy cookies. Not crunchy ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment