Friday, October 14, 2016

Lemon Thyme Chicken

I love cooking for my family, which made me a recipe book hoarder. Every week, I try to cook dishes we haven't tried before. This week's trial dish is Lemon Thyme Chicken. But to be honest, the recipe I looked at didn't really use lemon nor did it use thyme. The recipe called for calamansi and tarragon, ingredients that I don't have on my pantry. So I made do with what's available and hoped that it will turn out great.

While we were eating the dish, my husband asked me what herb I used. I felt self-conscious because I didn't really know that thyme and chicken is a good combination so I searched for recipes online for chicken with thyme. And boom! Lots of Lemon Thyme Chicken recipes are available online. LOL! At least my instincts were right to combine lemon and thyme.

Anyway, let's get to the recipe.

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinading time: 2 hours
Baking time: 90 minutes at 200C (I'll explain my baking time later on)

Ingredients:
  • 4 pcs of chicken quarter leg
  • salt
  • 6 cloves of garlic, minced
  • olive oil
  • thyme
  • lemon juice from 1 lemon


Directions:

  1. Rub enough salt on each quarter leg. Set aside.
  2. In a bowl, mix minced garlic, thyme, lemon juice, and olive oil. I have no idea how much thyme and olive oil I used, but a rough estimate of 1 tbsp for thyme and 2 tbsps for olive oil.
  3. Line chicken in a shallow pan and cover each quarter leg with the marinade. Cover with an aluminum foil and let it sit for 2 hours. You can change the marinating time according to your preference.
  4. The chicken marinating for two hours.
  5. Bake each side for 15 minutes with the cover. Remove the aluminum foil and bake each side for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remember to remove excess liquid before turning the chicken.

Lemon Thyme Chicken


Baking time explained:

I have a small electric oven, with a maximum temperature of 250C. I did not use the maximum temperature because this is what I'm used to. If you have a bigger oven, adjust your temperature and time accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment