Friday, December 2, 2016

Rose Pencil Topper

I made this rose pencil topper months ago. The rose that I used here was rolled and sewn. Although it's prettier and fuller, I cannot recreate it anymore. And if memory serves me right, I had a hard time sewing the tube, or the cylindrical body of the topper, to the rose itself. 



So I searched for a no-sew rose pattern. This is the best that I've seen so far: No-sew Ruffle Rose Pattern

It's easier to sew on the body, and I think I can even do these toppers without sewing or doing the two pieces separately. I'll try to do that next time.


How to make the topper:
  1. Make the rose using the pattern above.
  2. Make the body/tube/whatever that part is called. Pattern below.
  3. Sew together.
Pencil Topper Body or Tube:

Chain 10. Slip stitch to first chain. You will work in rounds.
Rows 1-10: Chain 1. Single crochet on each stitch. Sl st to first stitch.

You can change the base chain and the height of the body by increasing or decreasing the rows.

No comments:

Post a Comment