Friday, December 30, 2016

Mould & Paint: Sea Life

Ever since my son got a Mould and Paint: Safari kit from my sister (I'll post about this soon), I've been obsessed with buying similar kits.



Today's crafting activity with the kiddo is Mould & Paint: Sea Life. This kit contains a mould, two packs of plaster powder, a strip of magnet with adhesive, two pins, five small tubs of paint, and a paint brush. The mould has six designs: a turtle, two starfishes in a coral, an angel fish, a seahorse, two clown fishes behind a coral, and another fish that I have no idea what type it is. The available colors for the paint are: blue, yellow, white, pink, and purple.



We did the moulding a few days before. Just mix one pack of the plaster powder in 30-70 mL water. Pour the mixture onto the mould and wait for it to set and dry. You have to keep an eye on them because you'll be adding the magnet, pins, or a string (not included in the kit) before it completely dries up.

These are some of the dried up designs. We wanted to try making these into a fridge magnet (using magnets, duh), a badge (using the pins), and an ornament (using strips of string). I didn't use the magnet strip provided but used my own magnet, don't know what it's called, but it's the small, round ones.


I let the kiddo paint on his own. Since he loves pink right now (because of Jigglypuff, don't ask), he painted most of his work with pink. I painted one, the one with the two starfishes because I got frustrated with his clown fish painting. If you find the clown fish I'm referring to, then good for you. 😜

Sorry about the backdrop, we were still letting it dry when I took a picture.

So there you go. I have three more boxes of these Mould & Paint kits, four if I were to include the one my sister gave the kiddo. Hopefully we'll be able to make more these beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment