Friday, January 6, 2017

Coin Purse with Curly Flower

My 6-yo loves to drag my mother-in-law to arcades. One time, I saw that she used an old plastic container for the tokens. I think it was an old cotton swab container. So I decided to make her a coin purse as a gift for Christmas. 


This is the purse that I made for her. I didn't use any available pattern for the purse it self, just freehanded it. I think I did it wrong because it wasn't my intention to have a tapering body, but it still turned out nice. I added a lining inside and a zipper on top to close the purse.

As for the curly flower, I used the pattern from ellej.org. It was a little difficult to follow the pattern, but through trial and error, I was able to successfully make one. And once I got used to it, I couldn't stop making 'em. For this particular embellishment, I made a cream-colored center, with two-toned petals: maroon and a baby pink trimming.

1 comment:

  1. Jeims, thank you so much for the lovely coin purse that you gave me last Christmas. I love it and I really appreciate your creativeness in making this beautiful crochet piece. May you continue this worthwhile hobby. With love-Mama

    ReplyDelete